Forever Grateful to God for

4/20/2009

I haven't posted since Friday night. A lot has happened in the last week. We found out that my mom has a spot on her lung that they don't know what it is yet, so we have to wait for more tests. Then on Friday my dad had a stroke. We also have another friend who has been struggling with PTS for more than a year who checked herself into the hospital late last week as well.


This morning started out on the wrong foot. Its a miserable day outside, rainy, cold, and VERY windy. I was REALLY late getting out of bed and was sure that I was going to make Gabe late for school. However, I already have much to be grateful for.


First of all Gord sensing my distress, hopped out of bed and was ready to take Gabe to school for me in no time flat. Gabe actually ended up being early LOL.


We needed to pick up milk and juice today, so Gord came back from taking Gabe to school, picked up Zach and they are off to the grocery store. Mommy has a rare time of quiet in our home:) As I write this I am sitting listening to the dripping tap, the static coming through the monitor, and the furnace that just kicked in. But it is heaven to have a reprieve from the Mommy! Mommy. Mommy? Mommy!


But how do I be grateful for the first three things I mentioned above? Well, thanks to my husbands help this morning, I am grateful to be in a better mood, and choosing to look at things differently this morning.

My mom...i am grateful that the doctor has found this spot. You can't deal with what you don't know is there. I am grateful that it could be nothing more than scar tissue. I am grateful that no matter what it is, I know that God will be there with us.

My dad...I am very grateful that his stroke was not worse, especially since they drove to the hospital themselves instead of getting an ambulance right away. I am grateful that his speech has returned, and that every day he is getting better. I am grateful that I talked to him last night.

Our friend...I am grateful that the hospital had a bed for her. I am grateful that she is getting help.

I could end this post there, but there is something else I need to be grateful for this morning.

Gord has a job!! It has been a very long journey we have been on, and by no means is it over, but we are very grateful for this opportunity to start getting things back on track. I'll post more about the job and what it will mean for us in the coming weeks on my other blog later. I am just very grateful that a job has finally be provided. May God bless it.

I have much to be grateful for, and yet I still ask for more. We have a lot of things that need to get worked out before this new job starts in two weeks. But, my God is an AWESOME God. He loves us, and I believe He will provide what we need. I pray that today will continue to get better and better, and that I will continue to be thankful for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As you take a moment to leave a comment, please also tell me something that you are grateful for today :)